The search is on!
Posted by Zach Maurin on May 14, 2010
This week, we rolled out the first stages of our inaugural year of Field Corps, our community organizing program dedicated to building local, powerful grassroots networks in 10 areas around the country to advance service, Americorps, and social innovation. We’re incredibly excited about the potential for this program, but we also need your help.
We’re looking for 10 exceptional leaders around the country. These folks don’t need to have traditional organizing experience, but they do need to:
- possess a strong background in the service field OR a genuine passion for the role service can play in addressing social challenges and improving democracy
- be able to demonstrate a previous commitment to improving and serving their current communities
- have experience organizing and motivating a group of people towards a common goal
- plan to remain in their current community for the foreseeable future
Does this sound like someone you know? If it does, nominate them at servenext.org/nominatefieldcorps.
We want to make sure that we’re hearing about truly amazing people. To show our appreciation for nominations, we’re offering some prizes:
- If you nominate someone who applies, we’ll send you a ServeNext t-shirt.
- If you nominate someone who is eventually selected as one of the 10 organizers, we’ll send you a ServeNext t-shirt and a $50 gift card to your choice of iTunes store or Amazon.com.
Applications close on June 15, so make sure to get those recommendations in soon!