Posted by laurelgerard on July 13, 2009
1. The Chronicle of Philanthropy will be hosting an online discussion tomorrow, Tuesday 14th, at noon. The discussion concerns preparing an organization “for a visit from a foundation or other potential big supporter.”
2. Idealist.org published a piece entitled “The Changing Face of Volunteerism.” With the constant changes happening the in the nonprofit world, including the use of the internet and other networking tools, there have evolved several new ideas for volunteering. This piece outlines some of these new volunteer opportunities.
3. The Charity Navigator Blog wrote a small piece discussing David Arquette’s decision to live in a plexiglass box for two days in order to raise money for Feeding America. The goal is to raise $250,000 this Tuesday and Wednesday while he is living in the box in New York City.
4. Selfish Giving posted a piece entitled “Help Me Convince My Boss to Use Social Media.” The piece gives tips on how to convince your organization to use social media and different social media tools that can be used.
5. Entrepreneur Commons announced a list of the 150 top “Social Capital” Blogs. This list of blogs concerns topics including philanthropy, fundraising, social marketing, non-profits and social entrepreneurship.